Thursday, June 8, 2023

Trendy Bakers Twine~Firecracker Bag

Hello all!  Beth from Beth's Beauties here.  This month we are sharing patriotic projects.  It is always fun to use the patriotic twines of Berries Jubilee Trendy Twine and Stars & Stripes Trendy Twine!  Today I am sharing a "firecracker" treat bag.
I started by adhering strips of scrap papers from the BoBunny Celebrating Freedom paper pad to the Kraft Tin Tie Bag.  I thought the stars and stripes paper looked like a firecracker, so I ran with that idea.  To create the wick of the firecracker, I took 3 long strands of  Berries Jubilee Trendy Twine, taped the center of the strands to the table, then proceeded to braid it using 2 strands together.  Bearly Art glue adhered it well to the bag.
I thought the front looked a little empty, so I added a sentiment strip.  The stars stamps are from the APB Merry Christmas stamp set and were stamped with Scrapbook.com Cardinal hybrid ink.  The USA stamp is from a retired Raisin Boat stamp set and was stamped in SB.com Postal Blue hybrid ink.  Once that was glued to the bag, I added sequins from both the Blue Berry sequin mix and Jolly Shaker Medley.  I love using products for something other than their intended purpose, so I was happy to use two Christmas items on this project!


Here's what I used from Annie's Paper Boutique:

These patriotic samplers are a wonderful way to get several colors of Trendy Twine and are on sale this month!  Each color is ten yards in length and is wound on a wooden clothespin for easy use and storage.


I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day! 

If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:
Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Trendy Twine on Facebook
Trendy Twine on Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Your "firecracker" treat bag is a fantastic patriotic project, and your creativity shines through in every detail. Your project is a wonderful example of how to use your crafting supplies creatively.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!