Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Trendy LOVE Home Decor

Hello, Trendy Twiners! It's Jessi here from Kissin' Krafts! I am excited to be sharing today's project with you! The project is made using this month's spotlight color, Cherry Cupcake!

Here it is (my first attempt to make 'canvas' art):


During one of my many visits to Pinterest, I came across an idea using embroidery thread on canvas. Click HERE to see the link that sparked the interest!

I bought some rope from Hobby Lobby, along with the canvas. And headed home to start the project. I soon found out that I did not have the right tools to complete the project as it was done in the link! So I had to modify my plans. I decided to wrap the rope with the Trendy Twine Cherry Cupcake twine.

I decided to complete each letter at a time and glued them one by one to the canvas.


I was surprised how quick this project went (once I figured it out)!

Don't you just love the pink and red color combo in the Cherry Cupcake? If you love to create with those colors, please join our Monthly Challenge! Check out the details HERE!

Love working with twine? Join our Facebook group to share your projects!

Have a great day!

Supplies:
Trendy Twine - Cherry Cupcake
Canvas
Rope
Tacky Glue

11 comments:

  1. this is awesome!!! What a creative way to use the twine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I just found and ordered this twine yesterday. I love, love the colors and can't wait for it to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! I love the way the the word art looks, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks Awesome. Love how you used the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - This is amazing! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the neatest idea, it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!