Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fall Foliage - Thank You!

Hey, it's Melissa from M Miranda Creations, and today I want to share a card with you that was super quick to put together, and would make a great card for many fall occasions depending on the sentiment you choose to stamp on it.

 
 
I cut out an A2 card base using some Kraft colored cardstock. I then opened my Sil software and made a rectangular shape measuring 4" x 5 1/4". Using the merge feature, I opened a leaf pattern from the Autumn Leaves Trio from My Scrap Chick. I altered the stem of the leaf to make it a bit shorter and then centered it where I wanted it on my rectangular shape. Next I used the subtract feature to subtract the leaf shape from the rectangle. I put another piece of the Kraft paper on my mat and cut out my shape. I inked the edges of the base and the layering piece and did a bit of inking on the edges of the leaf from the back. I chose a piece of patterned paper from the Simple Stories Harvest Lane 6x6 paper pad and cut a piece off that would fit behind the leaf. I then took my white gel pen and did some faux stitching around the edges and tied a piece of Orange Truffle Trendy Twine on finishing it with a bow. To finish, I adhered the top layer to the base and stamped on my sentiment.
 
http://shop.anniespaperboutique.com/Thanksgiving-Orange-Truffle-Trendy-Twine-Orange-Brown-TT-127.htm?categoryId=-1
 
 
I had inspiration for this card from one I saw on Pinterest here.
(I think it is always important to give credit where credit is due!!!)
 
Thank you for stopping by the blog today! We are always happy to have you visit.
 
Many Blessings,
                           

11 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! The bow of TT is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! The twine looks super cute on it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose. I always like when people use the negative space; I don't do it enough!

    Gorgeous!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Beautiful card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a GREAT card, all the perfect elements of Fall :)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous CAS card, the polka dotted paper is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!