Monday, October 29, 2018

Trendy Baker's Twine - Winter Wonderland


Welcome back, everyone! Lisa from The Relativity of Paper sharing my last Guest Design post for October. Thank you for having me, it was an honor to be a part of the Trendy Twine community.
 Since we are heading into the holiday season I want to share a holiday/seasonal card. I'm using the Let It Snow Stamp Set along with Trendy Twine in the color Gray Licorice


This month has been a blast and I found myself reaching for products that I rarely use. I should use them but we sometimes find ourselves getting comfortable in our ways, even crafting. As I sit here writing this post what I want more than anything is to be in my craft room with a few stencils and shimmer paste. I love that stuff. And making this card reminded me of that.


To my surprise, I don't own a snowflake stencil, wha?! Okay, grab a stencil that looks like falling snow. YES! I have one of those. And that's how this whole card started. It's super easy to do. 
Using a heavyweight coverstock, you know that #110 stuff, add shimmer paste over a stencil and pretend you're icing a cake. Hey, it's what I do.  Set the card panel aside to dry and clean up stencil and spatula. Die-cut or stamp a snowman, put the snowman together or color if you stamped. Using patterned paper and the Let It Snow Stamp Set stamp sentiment using black ink, cut at an angle the patterned paper and a scrap piece of paper, want the angles to be exact? Cut the patterned paper and scrap on the angle together, then cut the length on the opposite ends. Use the scrap piece of paper to wrap twine around. Adhere patterned paper right below twine, add snowman with 3D mounting foam, finish the snowman off with enamel dots. Add 3D mounting foam to the back of the stenciled card panel adhere to a 4.25" x 5.5" top-fold card base. Add patterned paper/snowman to the bottom of card panel using 3D mounting foam. 

Products I used from Annie's Paper Boutique:
Gray Licorice Trendy Twine
Let It Snow Stamp Set

Thanks for stopping by. 

If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:
Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Follow Trendy Twine on Facebook



5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Once again, you have created a wonderful project that I wouldn't have even thought of with that wist of Trendy Twine! What a sweet card. I love that stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had so much fun this month creating with Trendy Twine.

      Delete
  2. This is so super fun and cute! I just love how you used the twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH.. What a stinkin' CUTE Holiday card! Adorable!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is definitely a great alternative to a snowflake die, I actually think it’s better! The background is fantastic!
    Great job!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!