Sunday, November 16, 2014

Farmer Boy Birthday Card

Hello everyone!  This is Beth from Beth's Beauties and today I am sharing a birthday card I created for one of my nephews.  He just turned 9 and is a farm boy :)  
 The focal point is the stamp that is from Paper Nest Dolls called Farmer Owen.  Truthfully, I don't color images.  I use seem to use die cuts for the main image so this was actually the first time I had colored in a large stamp.  I used prismacolor pencils and I think it turned out pretty good for my first try!  At the right side I added a couple staples and two buttons that are laced with Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine, which happens to be on sale right now!  It is my favorite color of twine since it is so versatile.
For the scalloped tag, I used a stamp set and die from My Craft Spot.  You can also see the burlap that I added behind the stamped image for texture.
 This is what it looks like all set up!  The papers I used were from The Paper Studio and the stack is called Yee Haw!  The inside sentiment is from Craftin Desert Diva's.

Products I used from Annie's Paper Boutique:
Chocolate Truffle (on SALE!)


If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:


Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Trendy Twine on Facebook

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

8 comments:

  1. So so cute! What a sweet farm boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, your coloring looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just Precious!!! Fun fall colors!! Awesome coloring as well!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! Great job Beth!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Beth, it turned out AWESOME for your first try! Great colors and patterns - I LOVE a good "Boy" card :)

    Have an AWESOME day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, what a fun card! I'm sure your nephew loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!