Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trendy Twine Tuesday: Baby Carriage with Chocolate Truffle details


Hey everyone, Bee here for my Trendy Twine Tuesday!... :-)
The color we are showcasing this month is Chocolate Truffle, a beautiful mix of dark brown, caramel and white... :-)
For my project I decided to do a gift-card holder for friends who just welcomed their 6th boy!... :-)



It all started because of this cute little bear giftcard I found at Target and I instantly thought about the awesome little baby carriage Mary designed for SVGCuts. I was right because it was the perfect size, and they are quite a smashing duo I think... ;-)


I used some Chocolate Truffle Twine to make a little criss-cross pattern on the hood of the carriage, and also added some little bows on the sides.


Then I used some of the Sky Trendy Twine to make a little stitching on the sides too. It's hard to see in my pic but the cardstock is actually ivory colored and the twine is cream and pale blue colored. It has this soft vintage feel that makes it perfect for baby projects. :-)

If I had more time I would have added a line braided twine handle to mimic the carriage handlebar, but unfortunately time was of the essence... :-( This definitely was a fun project though and I love the result! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love this project! What an amazing use of twine!! Great Job Bee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I too love any and all files that Leo and Mary come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!