Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rockets Red Glare

Hello, hello!  Design Team member Becki here with a cute little project that I wasn't sure would work out too well - stand alone twine stars.  I know Fourth of July has come and gone this year but I couldn't get the Star Spangled Banner out of my head (probably because it's one of the only songs I can play on the piano).  With that song came the idea of a rocket ship with stars trailing behind it.  But since the Fourth is over, what would I use it for?  Along came my 2 year old nephew who is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear.  Buzz has to use a ship to go from planet to planet right?  Why not make a rocket ship mobile to hang in his room?


Different, huh?  I thought this month's Trendy Twine color Berry was perfect but couldn't help use some Blue Berry besides to match my rocket ship.  Guess I just can't get the good ol' red, white and blue colors out of my head.

I already know Logan likes it because he kept trying to grab it and repeating "Buzz" over and over.  This mobile is really going to look cool hanging in his Toy Story room.  The stars are super easy to make.  Just visit my blog, The Happy Card Encouragement Factory, for details on how to make the stars.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea!!! Love those twine stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome. Love that Rocket and what you did for the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore those stars, they are so awesome. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute....great for a little boys room! Could easily do a princess crown or something for girls too....great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing stars...this is FABulous!! I love how you did the stars and it goes so well with the rocket!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this Becki- it totally makes me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this--such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun twine stars! Darling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun & creative use of twine Becki! Those stars are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becki this is sooo cute, I just love your tutorials!

    <3 Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!