Monday, July 23, 2012

Paper Pinwheels


Hi, it’s Izzy Anderson here with the Trendy Twine design team. I have a fun and easy summer project: pinwheels and paper flowers.

We’re using Berry Red Twine this month, which is a great versatile color to use all year long. To me, pinwheels just scream summer fun and they are really easy to make. To make a pinwheel, all you need is a square of double-sided patterned paper, your favorite twine (Trendy, of course!), glue and some sort of stick or dowel. You can find full project instructions and additional photos on my blog at Write Snap Scrap.


I paired the pinwheel with several flowers made from paper and chipboard for a fun and festive summer centerpiece. I used Berry Red twine in the pinwheel center and for the button bow and I used Twisted Lime for the veins of the leaves.

We’d love to see what you’re making with Trendy Twine. Just jump right into our July challenge here. It’s easy to enter and fun to win! You can find all the details on the Trendy Twine blog.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. love those flowers and the pinwheel! Beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute project, Izzy! I love the twine as a pinwheel center and how you used it to create a bow for the flower center. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Love the colors, definitely a bouquet that I would love the receive. Great use of that Trendy Twine Too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! So creative. Can you tell that I love it? I do, I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great project, love the pinwheel and its center. Such fabulous colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and beautiful, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great embellishment! Such a creative use of the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these Izzy! I really love the little details on the leaves!!

    <3 Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!